Downingtown Area Recreation Consortium
Skip to nav
Elementary School Adventure Camp @ Bell Tavern Park
6/29/2021: DARC is currently requiring all campers and staff to wear masks while they are indoors at Adventure Camp. However, as long as the trip location permits, masks may be removed when outdoors. This requirement is based off of CDC guidelines for Youth Camps, which states:
- "Indoors. Mask use indoors is strongly encouraged for people who are not fully vaccinated including children. No child under the age of 2 should wear a mask.
- Outdoors. In general, people do not need to wear masks when outdoors. However, particularly in areas of substantial to high transmission, people who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people who are not fully vaccinated." https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/summer-camps.html
Our Adventure Day Camp Program for elementary school students aged 7 to 11 sends your child on a unique activity each and every day. Unlike many other camps, we take your child by school bus to local attractions, events, museums, and a weekly pool session.
Each week there will be one “major” trip to a park or attraction, a one-day trip to a nearby State Park, and smaller trips to local attractions and community parks. Our tentative schedule for this summer can be found in the link section below. Highlights from past programs include the Turkey Hill Experience, Sesame Place, a Phila Union Soccer game, Camden Aquarium, Phila Zoo, Wilmington Railroad, Northbrook Canoe, and the Treehouse Experience. Download the weekly activity summary from the forms section below.
Our Adventure Day Camp is offered Mondays thru Fridays from 9 am to 4 pm. Extended care (purchased separately and available at All-Star Baseball ONLY) is available in the morning from 7:30 to 9 am and/or in the afternoon from 4 to 5:30 pm. You can sign your child up for one week or all eight weeks.
The Adventure Day Camp Programs have two locations for you to chose from: All Star Baseball Academy (417 Boot Rd) in Downingtown or Bell Tavern Park (100 Bell Tavern Rd) in Downingtown.
Week Activity Trips are subject to change depending on destination availability and/or weather. Please note camp trips are tentative and are subject to change. You may find a summary of the weekly camp activities below under the forms section.
- All participants will receive a camp t-shirt which must be worn on the “major” trip day.
- Participants should bring a backpack each day filled with personal items such as sunscreen, a towel, a bagged lunch, snack, drink, water bottle, bathing suit, old sneakers, and a change of clothes. Please remember to label all items brought to camp with your child’s name.
- We recommend that children be given no more than $10 in spending money (not required) for each trip day for any food or souvenirs they desire.
- This Camp location does not have a Week 9 due to staffing limitations - But our All-Star Camp location does have a Week 9
Additional Forms and Files: