Engineering For Kids Summer Camps
NEW- Virtual Camps Students will need have a wifi-enabled laptop/tablet with Zoom installed!
Medieval Times Engineering (Virtual) Ages 6 & 7
- Do you have what it takes to defend your castle and maintain your family's honor? If so, then don your armor and draw your sword for The Engineering of Medieval Times. In this camp, students build their very own castle and then work to defend it by engineering canons and catapults. Become a knight and join us on the quest for glory and justice!
Note: Please review the materials list for this program under Forms below. You may use what you have at home, or pay a separate $5.00 supply fee(below), and the supplies will be mailed to you.
Scratch Programming (Virtual) (Ages 6 & 7)
Embark on a fun journey to space with Scratch! Send an astronaut to the moon and defend your moon base from space rocks. Learn how to use Scratch to create and program sprites, backdrops and basic scripts. Create a new program each day, leave with evidence of your wild space adventure, and be inspired to explore the universe of programming .
We plan on running these 2 camp in-person as long as we reach the GREEN reopening phase!
3D Printing: Minecraft Creations Ages 8 to 12
- 3D printing and Minecraft both represent boundless opportunity for creating even our wildest of ideas! In 3D Printing: Minecraft Creations, students will explore the basic concepts of 3D printing and computer-aided design, or CAD, to bring their most awesome Minecraft creation to life! Students will take their Minecraft design out of the world of Minecraft and learn how to extrude it into a 3D model that can then be modified to be printed in 3D.
Electronic Game Design: Pizza Delivery Ages 8-14
- Papa’s Pizzeria is the busiest it has ever been. In Electronic Game Design: Pizza Delivery, we will create our own version of a platform game that will require players to collect ingredients, make pizza and serve all of the hungry costumers. We will use the Engineering Design Process to create a storyboard to outline the rules of play and characters for our game. Then, we will use Clickteam Fusion 2.5® to bring our storyboard to life with programming. At the end of the class, everyone takes home a working Windows-compatible game.
Sorry these programs were cancelled due to COVID-19.
Pirate Academy- Cancelled
- Arg Matey! Come join Kelvin’s crew as we sail the ocean blue searching for buried treasure. Join us as students build their very own pirate ship, go fishing for treasure, and work together in Kelvin’s crew to create a delicious treat that is more precious than gold. Hop aboard the Green Ghost and set sail as we explore The Engineering of Pirates!
Twisted Fairy Tales - Cancelled
- Ever wonder how we got to the Happily Ever After in traditional fairy tales? Students will explore a few fairy tales from different points of view and engage in activities to investigate solutions for each fairy tale’s obstacles. In the Twisted Fairy Tales Camp, we will design a getaway vehicle for the heroine from Kate and the Beanstalk, help The Three Billy Goats Fluff devise a method to cross the bridge quietly and not wake the Troll, and construct an edible reef entirely from candy to protect The Three Little Fish from the Big Bad Shark! Join us as we explore the Engineering of Fairy Tales!
Additional Forms and Files: